DCB attends 2018 Stampede Investment Forum (SIF) and had opportunities to speak with Minister Francois-Phillipe Champagne, International Trade, Government of Canada, Minister Deron Bilous, Economic Development & Trade, GoA, and Minister Margaret McCuaig-Boyd, Minister of Energy, GoA on their position and views of crytocurrency companies investing in Alberta and Canada.
The Ministers’ comments were either neutral or positive on blockchain companies wanting to invest in Alberta. According to Alberta’s Energy Minster Margaret McCuaig-Boyd, blockchain companies would be treated fairly like other industries in Alberta operating under the current regulatory and legal framework.
The SIF venue allowed DCB to engage the government on the emerging cryptocurrency mining industry in Alberta and bring concerns of our clients and the industry to the attention of the Minsters.
Thank you to Invest Alberta and Calgary Economic Development for organizing the great event.
- Dutch Bank ABN AMRO Launches Blockchain Inventory Tracking Platform ‘Forcefield’
- US Tax Authority Prioritizes Issuing Guidance on Cryptocurrencies
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 20
- US SEC Postpones Verdict on VanEck and Bitwise ETF Application, Again
- About Us
- Colocation in Alberta, Canada
- Colocation in British Columbia, Canada
- Colocation in Manitoba, Canada
- Colocation in Quebec, Canada
- Design and Planning
- Equipment for Sale
- Other Services
- Project Financing/ Joint Ventures
- Property Management
- Site Acquisition